Jan 23, 2012

Well, This is New.

Hello all, whether you be friends, acquaintances or just people who ran across this blog by accident.

I'm Geoff.  I'm an artist.  Not the "artsy" kind of artist, mind you.  I'm a draftsman, and I specialize in designing characters, technology and set pieces, primarily of the sci-fi persuasion, but I do enjoy a spot of fantasy every so often.

I'm currently taking a semester off from my college education to hone my drawing ability, as well as improving my digital art skills, and generally just trying to get my act together.

I post most of my finished works to my DeviantArt account, but I produce a far greater number of works than is reflected there.  I sketch on a constant basis, and produce heaps of line art that never makes it to the coloring stage; sometimes the lines never even get finished.  Despite that, there are a lot of these unfinished works that I feel are still worth a peek, but just not quite up to par with my "finished" works.

So I suppose this blog will be a new experience for me.  I look forward to getting stuff posted here, and in this setting, I may be inclined to give more background information on the works than I might otherwise.

And so, I conclude this first post with a digitally-colored sketch of a terrifying, moderately cute, and most certainly unstable cyborg, Reina Cloude.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. good luck on your blog :D adding to my bookmarks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on starting this blog. I hope that it helps you in reaching your goals. Don't forget to make sure people know about it and spreading the word about your updates. Good luck, and keep at it.

    ReplyDelete